Recipe Name: Konkani Kolambi Bhaat (prawn Rice)
Kolambi Bhaat is a Maharashtrian dish from the Konkan region. It is basically prawns cooked with rice and coconut milk.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
2 Cups Basmati Rice
2 Cups coconut milk
1 cup medium size prawns cleaned and shelled
2 medium sized onions finely chopped
2 cups water (to cook rice)
1 Tbsps. ginger garlic paste
1 Tbsps. garam masala
2 Tbsps. red chili powder
2 Tbsps. turmeric powder
2 Tbsps. coriander leaves finely chopped
1 Tbsps. mustard seeds
1 Tbsps. cumin seeds
2 Tbsps. biryani masala
2& 1/2 Tbsps. salt
2 Cinnamon sticks
2 black cardamom
5 to 6 peppercorns
2 bay leaves
Extra turmeric and salt for marination
Marination: Take prawns in a bowl, add salt and turmeric and keep aside for about an hour. This helps in getting rid of the fishy smell.
– In a cooker take oil, once hot add the cinnamon sticks, cardamoms, bay leaves,
after a few seconds add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Wait till the seeds splutter and add the onions.
– Let the onions cook until golden brown, add turmeric, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste and biryani masala. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes till it all ingredients mix well
– Now add the marinated prawns, once they start turning red add the rice and keep stirring to mix all ingredients well.
– Add water, salt, garam masala, and coconut milk stir well cover and cook.
– Garnish with coriander and serve hot
Recipe Courtesy- secretindianrecipe
Recipe Author: Neha Lad
Note: To publish your recipe here kindly email them on firstname.lastname@example.org