SPICY AND TANGY SARDINES ( TARLA)
Fish Used: Sardines ( Tarli – Order here)
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 10min
- Grated coconut – 1
- Tamarind paste – 1 spoon
- Red chillies – 8
- Garlic cloves – 6
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green chillies – 4
- Turmeric powder half spoon
- Clean the fish thoroughly and marinate it with salt and turmeric powder to avoid the smell.
- Grind all the above ingredients in a blender to a thick paste using very little water.
- Remove a mixture into a clay pot or kadai and heat it.
- Add finely chopped red chilies and salt.
- Pour little water and allow it to boil.
- Now add the fish and cook covered on a medium flame till the fish turns soft.
- Turn off the flame and cover the pot or kadai with the lid.
- Keep it idle for some time to blend the spices and fish.
- Garnish it with coriander and serve with steamed rice.
Recipe Courtesy-Prachi Kenkre
Note: To publish your recipe here kindly email them on [email protected]